- Tabassum has seen a massive shift in education and awareness. Many influencers and enthusiasts have shown interest in educating the masses via YouTube videos/blogs and podcasts.
- For the ecosystem to go bigger and better, the industry needs new players, not just in terms of projects but also in terms of the core team involved in the project.
- India could rebrand itself as a hub of tech and talent. The hub of startups as international companies are keen to invest in India.
We are back with the eight feature of the #CryptoSpotlight interview series. In our previous feature, we had Anoush Bhasin, who shared his thoughts on why it is important to have a regulatory framework in the Indian crypto industry and the current challenges faced by the crypto community.
And, today’s guest of honor is Tabassum M Adur. She is the founder of Bit2Buzz, a Crypto PR Agency. So, let’s know about her journey and contributions to the Indian crypto community.
1) Hello Tabassum! Can you tell our readers what your brand/company is about and how it is helping the Indian crypto ecosystem?
Tabassum – Bit2Buzz is a Crypto PR Agency with the community platform to provide information related to cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
2) What is your crypto story? How did you first start and what motivated you to become a community voice?
Tabassum – It was a usual day when my boss asked me to look into a new project related to cryptocurrency. I was working as a Digital Marketer and began working on this project, to be precise, it was Coinpedia, a cryptocurrency publication.
Coindesk and Cointelegraph were only the top publications that time (I guess in late 2016) and I began researching and working on this project with my team. Within a year, we made Coinpedia.org, a Google News listed website which was a big achievement for all of us. This gave wings to our abilities and then we parallelly handled other projects including the promotion of some of the ICOs.
That’s how my journey began but I continued by contributing to multiple publications as a journalist, learned norms of journalism, editing, and other skills required.
3) What are the changes you have seen from the day you became a community voice until now?
Tabassum – There are so many aspects to point:
In terms of exchanges in India – I was only knowing Zebpay when I entered the space, today CoinDCX is on the top list of Indian exchanges 🙂
ICOs – I witnessed the bull run of 2017, and so is the ICO burst. People used to easily fall into the trap of fake projects in 2017 but they are now too vigilant and prudent regarding their investment.
Education and Awareness – I’ve seen a massive shift in this.! Many influencers and enthusiasts have shown interest in educating the masses via YouTube videos/blogs and podcasts. There were very few names back in those days but the ecosystem has become competitive and superlative.
4) Tell us how are you bringing about the crypto revolution in India.
Tabassum – I have been circulating right information and awareness as a crypto-journalist, spreading research-based content regarding the Indian crypto ecosystem as a researcher, encouraging women as a Women in crypto-Blockchain and giving open project for the community to share their views in terms of blogs, quotes, and videos via community platform of Bit2Buzz.
Many things in-lined! Possibly with the help of CoinDCX, there are better days ahead.
“Companies should open career opportunities for freshers at least on a conditional basis. For example, three months in the training program, evaluate their performance, and offer them a full-fledged role.”
5) What are the current challenges you feel the Indian crypto ecosystem has and what do you think is the resolution for this?
Tabassum – One major challenge is employment. When we say some exchange or crypto company is hiring, they are basically hiring for those who have already worked in the sector. For the ecosystem to go bigger and better, we need new players, not just in terms of projects but also in terms of the core team involved in the project. Companies should open career opportunities for freshers at least on a conditional basis. For example, three months in the training program, evaluate their performance and offer them a full-fledged role.
“My suggestion to Mr. Modi would be, if the country is committed to removing poverty, there should be enough employment opportunities and when one Industry is significantly filling this gap, the country should wholeheartedly encourage it and not ban it.”
6) If you get the chance to meet Mr. Modi, what will you tell/suggest to him about the Indian crypto industry?
Tabassum – While other industries laid off, the Crypto industry survived most Indians during the Covid-19 lockdown period. My suggestion to Mr. Modi would be, if the country is committed to removing poverty, there should be enough employment opportunities and when one Industry is significantly filling this gap, the country should wholeheartedly encourage it and not ban it.
7) What changes do you think crypto will bring in India in the next 5,10 years?
Tabassum – Firstly, employment! India could rebrand itself as a hub of tech and talent. The hub of startups as international companies are keen to invest in India. Secondly, crypto may give birth to ‘more crypto-focused venture capital’ from India for startups in different countries.
8) Your views on #TryCrypto and how we can strengthen crypto adoption in India?
Tabassum – #TryCrypto is a simple and straightforward campaign. This campaign could even be better and might trend in India if everyone has an open hand to it with a sense of some rewards.
Thank you, Tabassum for sharing such wonderful insights with our readers. We hope to see you back on ‘Crypto Spotlight’ soon.
Stay tuned with us as we will be publishing the next feature of the series very soon. The feature will have another eminent community voice who will share their views and would enlighten us further on the future prospects of the Indian crypto ecosystem.
Follow our blog to know about the new token listings, product features, partnerships, trading competitions, and all other announcements.