CoinDCX News, Crypto News Global

Daily Crypto News Dec 14, 2021: Top 3 crypto updates for today

Crypto News

While the market is still red and bears are having a gala time, Bitcoin has already reached 90% mining potential of the 21 million coins it is capped at. With a current circulating supply of 18.899 million, the cryptocurrency took 12 years to reach its 90% potential. How long will it take to mine the remaining 10%? Read in detail below. 

With the latest news around Metaverse and all the increased adoption around cryptocurrency, Web3.0 has finally started to take shape. This is evident from the fact that the term “Web3” has seen a significant rise in search volume in the past year. According to Google trends “Web3” was searched aggressively in the past 12 months especially during the time of November to December. Read more about it in detail below. 

Solana has increased its development activities and is going full aggressive to become of the best blockchain networks. Its daily GitHub submissions have overtaken those of Cardano and Polkadot. Read below in detail what it means for the blockchain system and its competitors. 

Before diving into the latest crypto news in detail and the top losers and gainers let’s hop to the Quick crypto roundup. 

Quick Crypto News Roundup! 

Daily Crypto News  Dec 14, 2021

Only 10% of the Bitcoin supply remains to be mined 

A significant milestone was hit by Bitcoin on Monday morning. After one and half years of Bitcoin halving, 90% of the total supply of Bitcoin mining was achieved on Monday morning.  According to the latest data, 18.899 million Bitcoin is currently being circulated which implies that only 10% of Bitcoin is left to be mined. While it took 12 years to mine 90% of the Bitcoin, the remaining 10% might require a little more time. 

Bitcoin has been capped at 21 million coins by its anonymous creator. This limitation has been written in the source code of the network nodes. This capping plays a significant role in the value proposition of the cryptocurrency. 

Read more on how this remaining 10% of Bitcoin will be valued and mined. 

Source: Cointelegraph 

Google search volume for “Web3” has sharply risen in the past 1 year

As the year comes to an end, Google is ready with its annual report on the most searched terms across the internet or the Web2.0 as we call it. However, one of the most amazing yet not astonishing results according to Google trends is the sharp rise in search of the terms related to “Web3”. The reports suggest that a sharp rise in these terms was noticed over the last year and especially during the month of November and December. The country with the highest search interest in Web3 is China. 

Will China again become the pioneer of another latest technology? Read more in detail about Web3 and the interest people are showing towards it across the globe. 

Source: Aliens.com

Solana Chain development activities surge with 90 Github submissions every day 

Solana has been a lot in the crypto news lately. From creating new all-time highs to gaining a stronghold of the DeFi space, Solana is creating and breaking its own records. According to the latest reports, there has been a significant change in the development activities of Solana. Does that mean its prices will be affected? 

According to the data from Santiment, Solana has exceeded the daily GitHub submission rates of both Cardano and Polkadot. Between December 12th and December 13th, the daily GitHub submissions of Solana reached 90 while that of Cardano stood at 65 and Polkadot’s at 76. 

Read more on Solana’s increased development activities in detail. 

Source:  Aliens.com

Crypto Market Trend December 14, 2021 

Here is a quick summary of the top crypto gainers and losers for the day.

Top 3 Crypto Gainers 

Cryptocurrency  Price (latest by December 14, 2021)  Change in % 
Sushi (SUSHI) ₹452.68 3.53%
USD Coin (USDC) ₹81.09 0.76%
Binance USD (BUSD) ₹81.03 0.68%

*Prices are latest by 11 AM December 14, 2021.*

Top 3 Crypto Losers 

Cryptocurrency  Price (Latest by December 14,  2021)  Change in % 
Zcash (ZEC) ₹11985.93 12.54%
Curve (CRV) ₹270.48 12.3%
Loopring (LRC) ₹170.21 13.53%

*Prices are latest by 11 AM December 14, 2021.*

Share this Story

Check Also

Top Crypto Prices Today: Bitcoin Price Trading Below $23,000, Ethereum Under $1700 Again

The crypto market over the past 24 hours, ...

GET ALL LATEST UPDATES ON YOUR EMAIL




    Categories